Thursday, July 28, 2005

Nothing Much...

  • Had the MRI on my knee yesterday, which involved 25 minutes of laying on a bed with 3/4 of my body inserted into a rectangular machine (much smaller than the ones you see on TV). Fortunately, my visions of a couple of MRI techs pushing me in like they were stuffing a sausage did NOT come true. The hardest part of the whole ordeal was trying not to tap my toes when Outkast's "Hey Ya" came on in the headphones. My follow-up visit is scheduled for tomorrow at 8:30, so I should know more then about when they're going to fix my knee. I'm just ready to get it over with!
  • Grandma's still in the hospital as of this morning. They patched two big holes and she's feeling a lot better, but she's spiking a fever at night. There's no visible infection in the incision, but they're not going to let her go home until they track down the troubles.
  • Between my knee, work, and a decided lack of funds, I haven't done much travelling this year, with the exception of my ill-fated trip to Vegas at the beginning of June. A guy I used to work with is going to GenCon in Indianapolis at the end of August, and I'm considering going with him. GenCon is a gaming convention that's been going on in Geneva, Wisconsin for as long as I can remember. For four days you can find booths from every major roleplaying game, card game, strategy game and video game manufacturer as well art, demonstrations, and of course non-stop gaming of all kinds - D&D, Pirates of the Spanish Main, and tons of games I've never heard of, I'm sure. When I was a geeky roleplayer, GenCon was my idea of Nirvana, and while I'm not the gamer I used to be, I've been playing a fair bit of Pirates and I could dig spending four days reliving my gamer days. I've gotta see what the doc says about my knee - when she's gonna scope it, how long I'll have to be off it, etc. - before I make my decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home